Sunday, June 11, 2017

June No. 2

I've spent some amazing times lately at some local beaches lately for low tides.  I love getting to put my marine biology knowledge from my degree to use.  Lucky for me, one of the best rocky beaches for tide pooling is just about 8 minutes from my house and a couple weekends ago we had an extreme low tide, around -3.4 feet!  It was AWESOME!

Here are some of my favorite finds from that tide:
(kelp crab and sea cucumbers)

(anemone)

(sea star)

So, inspired by that, I made this card that shows a cut away chart of inter tidal zones and the ocean increasing in depth and different creatures farther down as you go.  Of course, I made my card a bit brighter in color and a little more sparkly than the real life examples.



Supplies
Stamps: A Muse let's be mermaids and sealed with a fish
Ink: A Muse black dye (retired) and VersaMark
Paper: A Muse ocean, mermaid, bermuda scallops, papaya petite dot, sugar, and bermuda petite pinstripes cardstock
Misc.: A Muse sealed with a fish, landscape, medium scallop border, and word windows die sets, A Muse toffee twine, Copic markers, foam mounting tape, A Muse white embossing powder, A Muse clear dot twinkle stickers, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

No comments:

Post a Comment